Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Fence Hallowe'en Party!
Peanut Snake/Hardsparrow will be bringing the Pine Cone Kick book-&-tape to Glasgow on October 31st, for a live reading as part of Fence Record's Hallowe'en party (awesome poster above by David Galletly)! Here's the full line-up and info, straight from the horse's face - should be an amazing day!
"As you'll have seen on the Fence home-page, we've already announced the following ...
King Creosote // James Yorkston // Silver Columns // James Yuill // Lord Cut Glass // Alasdair Roberts // John MacLean (DJ) // Jo Mango // Vladimir Lad // Randolph’s Leap // John B McKenna // Jonnie Common // Gummi Bako // Pictish Trail
in addition to the line-up on the website, we will have the following ...
* Debut screening of the Fence Home Game Film - put together by The Forest Of Black
* Special screening of Separado! - a film by Super Furry Animal's front man Gruff Rhys.
* A very special performance of King Creosote's 'My Nth Bit Of Strange In Umpteen Years'
* New electronic solo project from Kev Sim, of FOUND fame, entitled River Of Slime
* FOUND will also be DJ'ing, and there will be a solo performance from Ziggy Campbell too
* Solo performances from Seamus Fogarty and Emily Scott
* A talking picture book performance from Hardsparrow
* Stand-up comedy from James Acaster, and more TBC
We've also invited our friends at Glasgow's Words Per Minute to devise a programme of spoken-word / film / music for one of our more intimate venues, including ...
* An exclusive screening of The Shutdown, Alan Bissett and Adam Stafford's documentary short about the Grangemouth petrochemical plant, which has won Best Documentary Short at the San Francisco Golden Gate and Palm Springs Film Festivals.
* Live music performances from Adam Stafford (Y'all Is Fantasy Island) and Seafield Road (solo project of Swimmer One's Andrew Eaton).
* Performance from theatre-makers Gary McNair, Kieran Hurley and Eilidh McAskill of Eilidh's Daily Ukulele Ceilidh.
* New writing from Katy Macaulay
NOT ONLY THAT ... we can now reveal that all advance ticketholders for Hallowe'en will will have the opportunity to reserve their tickets for Home Game 2011 before anyone else! There will be a sign-up sheet at the Hallowe'en Party for those that wish to put aside some tickets for our big bash in Anstruther next year - the dates will also be revealed at this time
The whole thing is taking place on Hallowe’en itself – Sunday, 31st October 2010 … across three adjacent venues in Glasgow:
* Stereo, on Renfield Lane.
* The (newly refurbished) Old Hairdresser, and
* The (still currently under refurbishment) upstairs bit of The Old Hairdresser.
The music starts at 2pm and goes on until 2am.
TICKETS – are £25, and that gets you in all day from 2pm until 2am! Only available from www.fencerecords.com"
This post seems like as good an excuse as any to wheel out this fabulous video of last year's Fence Hallowe'en party, as filmed by Forest Of Black, whose Homegame film will be screening this year. The music is, of course, by the wonderful Withered Hand - "No Cigarettes".