Thursday, September 20, 2012

Symbolic Nodes



My trip to Carnesky's Tarot Drome made me think that I should dig out some of the images that I generated during the NodeBox workshop I did at the Institute of Design in Lahti, Finland, three years ago. The card designs grew from the idea of creating tarot-style cards that would combine ancient symbolism with more modern cultural icons from the last century. Multiple elements were put into a library folder which NodeBox would then draw from to generate random combinations. Perhaps I should see if I can find the original files to upload so that Mac users can download NodeBox and give it a spin. Looking at it now though, I wish I'd had the time to add many more permutations, especially of the backgrounds and arms. Maybe another future project!





No comments:

Post a Comment